The Pros and Cons of Using Quartz Bathroom Vanities
One of the hottest trends in countertops today is the usage of quartz. It is popular for both kitchen counters and as well as for bathroom vanities and can be used to work with virtually any decorating style. But exactly what are the benefits of quarts bathroom vanities over another choice? Is the difference worth the investment? If you have wondered about either of these questions then take a few minutes to consider the pros and cons of choosing quartz bathroom vanity.
The Pros of Quartz for a Bathroom Vanity
· Quartz is a manufactured product that can be a beautiful addition to your space. Because it is a manufactured product, you can purchase it in virtually any color you desire, as well as being designed to mimic the look of natural stones. In fact, it is available in more colors than natural stones such as granite or marble.
· Quartz is just as durable as concrete or granite countertops, but can take more usage. For example, a quartz bathroom vanity can stand up to drop items, so you don’t have to be concerned about chips or cracks.
· Quartz is extremely non-porous so stains like juice, wine, oil, tomato, coffee, makeup or other products will not stain the surface.
· Not only are stains uncommon, but quartz is also bacteria and virus resistant.
· Unlike granite countertops, it is not necessary to seal and then reseal quartz countertops.
· Quartz is available in pre-made vanity top configurations.
The Cons of Quartz Bathroom Vanities
· Quartz countertops are not something for the average DIYer to tackle. The installation process requires specific tools and knowledge so it will be necessary bring in a professional.
· Though resistant to stains and bacteria, quartz is not as resistant to heat as other countertop choices, so if you use heat-based hair styling items, you will want to have a cooling pad on which to place these items upon completing your look.
· Quartz can be damaged by highly alkaline or acidic chemicals such as drain cleaner, as well as solvents such as bleach and abrasive cleaners. Also, you will not want to use abrasive cleaners on your quartz bathroom vanity top as that can result in dulling its beautiful, shiny finish.
· Quartz is more expensive than any other choice in kitchen or bathroom vanity tops. In fact, it can run anywhere from $115 to $200 per square foot.
· While not necessarily a weakness, quartz is considered by many to be a contemporary countertop covering.
Quartz bathroom vanities are a wonderful option if you are looking for a countertop to make you feel as though you have stepped into your own personal spa. They will add elegance and beauty to nearly any décor and can be installed by a professional with relative ease. If you are looking for a quartz countertop vendor in the Twin Cities area, the pros at Universal Stone can answer your questions-whether about quartz, granite or other stone countertops. So, make your decision and get ready to enjoy a beautiful spa escape right in your own home.
DESIGN AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
Take the hassle out of kitchen or bathroom cabinet installations with the help of Admiral Cabinets & Countertops’ installation professionals. We take pride in delivering the best possible solutions for your bathrooms, entertainment areas, custom kitchens, wardrobes, closets, and other sections of your house.
We have a knowledgeable design team. Give us a call today, and we can put the right design together for you. Contact us now for a free consultation.