A Passion For Beauty And Fashion
Some people are cut out for just this. It starts early, that careful grooming of hair, nails, hands, feet and face, it may extend to lifestyles and food habits that will maintain the ideal body shape, keen interest in fashion trends and knowledge of beauty secrets passed down the ages and beauty tips for the not so patient listener.
Conde Nast started Vanity Fair, the popular magazine on fashion, culture and current affairs in 1913. A hundred years later, it is still publishing monthly articles on notable people, fashion trends, world events and carries full page portraits of beautiful celebrities. He was just one. There are many like that who would like to share the world of fashion and beauty that is so much within their reach with the rest of the world.
With the advent of the world wide web and blogging, publishing a magazine is no longer necessary. There are many bloggers who write about the very same things one would find in a world class magazine like Marie Claire, Vogue or Vanity Fair. There are so many blogs that the first twenty, or the first fifty has been rated for the reader’s convenience.
The outstanding reason behind a successful fashion and beauty blog is the knowledge that you the blogger have something different to say and works hard at saying it.
What are the other reasons that go into making a successful fashion blog or beauty blog?
A fashion blog is like having a fashion magazine online. While a magazine has different departments and people to take care of writing, photography, art department, sales, etc. a blogger basically has to do all of this on his or her own.. Some of the skills required for this job of having a fashion blog are
· Writing skills – writing should be appealing and readable. Anything that’s boring and dull will not get readers
· Editing skills – punctuation and grammar should be right – translating into something the reader can trust.
· Modelling and being a stylist – should not be awkward when it comes to modelling in clothes. A certain level of comfort and confidence in your own body is essential. A sense of style which can create a unique statement which is creative and interesting is essential.
· Photography/ Creative visualization – Basic photography skills with a high quality camera with knowledge of lighting and angles is a great asset to have
· Photo editing skills as in Photoshop for lighting, color, shadows is essential for those pictures which will attract traffic to your fashion blog
· Social media skills – must be conversant with Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+ etc. Making the accounts in all these visually appealing will generate more interest to the benefit of your blog.
· Ad sales and Public Relations – This has to do with advertising your blog with a little bit of showing off your achievements in order for advertisers to tie up with your blog. Public relations is establishing good relations with brands and companies that are relevant to the matter of your blog.
· Basics of web design and HTML – will help you make changes or fix bugs on your website without having to resort to expensive outside help.
DESIGN AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
Take the hassle out of kitchen or bathroom cabinet installations with the help of Admiral Cabinets & Countertops’ installation professionals. We take pride in delivering the best possible solutions for your bathrooms, entertainment areas, custom kitchens, wardrobes, closets, and other sections of your house.
We have a knowledgeable design team. Give us a call today, and we can put the right design together for you. Contact us now for a free consultation.